David Groner earned his Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctor degrees from Louisiana State University. He passed the Louisiana Bar in 1981 and has been practicing law in the local area since that time.
Since the beginning of his legal career, Mr. Groner has continued his education through various legal education programs and by attending numerous seminars throughout the years. He has completed the Ultimate Trial Advocacy Course sponsored by the National College of Advocacy at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition, he is a graduate of the Trial Lawyer College of Wyoming.
Mr. Groner is a highly respected attorney in the area and is a frequent speaker for the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, providing lectures for other attorneys regarding the trial of automobile collision cases. Mr. Groner was previously Chairman of the Board of Commissioners for Iberia Medical Center and is currently a Trustee for the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority. His Law Firm has been serving the area since 1982.
CLASS ACTION CASE EXPERIENCE
Mr. Groner has served on numerous class action plaintiff committees including train derailments, toxic exposure, pharmaceutical and others.
Mr. Groner was named one of the top 100 lawyers in Louisiana by Louisiana Life Magazine, as well as being recognized in their Super Lawyers publication in 2009. Mr. Groner has also received recognition from the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for his successful litigation of yielding large million dollar jury verdicts.
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
Mr. Groner is a lifelong resident of Iberia Parish. He has maintained memberships in various legal, business, and charitable associations including:
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Iberia Parish Bar Association
• Lafayette Parish Bar Association
• Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association
• American Trial Lawyers Association
• F Warrior, Trial Lawyers College
• Coastal Conservation Association
• Duck’s Unlimited
• Past Chairman, Industrial Development Foundation of Iberia Parish
• Past Chairman, Board of Directors Municipal Fire & Police Civil Service Board, City of New Iberia
• Chairman, Board of Trustees, Iberia Medical Center